Correspondence between Louise Day Hicks, Boston City Councilor, and Judge W. Arthur Garrity, 1974 December 9
- Correspondence between Louise Day Hicks, Boston City Councilor, and Judge W. Arthur Garrity, 1974 December 9
Correspondence includes a letter from Boston City Councilor Louise Day Hicks to Judge W. Arthur Garrity concerning the safety of Boston Public School students amid busing and a request for a meeting; and a draft of a reply to Hicks from Judge Garrity declining a meeting.
- Hicks, Louise Day, 1916-2003
- Garrity, W. Arthur (Wendell Arthur), 1920-1999
December 9, 1974
- University of Massachusetts Boston, Joseph P. Healey Library
- Collection (local):
W. Arthur Garrity, Jr.: Chambers papers on the Boston Schools Desegregation Case, 1972-1997
Series L: Politicians: Letters, Speeches, etc., 1974-1985
Segregation in education--Massachusetts--Boston--History
Busing for school integration--Massachusetts--Boston--History
Hicks, Louise Day, 1916-2003
Garrity, W. Arthur (Wendell Arthur), 1920-1999
- 7 p. ; 8.5 x 11 in. (21.59 x 27.94 cm.)
- Link to Item:
Copyright restrictions may apply. Visit blogs.umb.edu/archives/about/rights-and-reproductions for more information.
Contact host institution for more information.