Historical Society of Old Newbury
The Historical Society of Old Newbury was established in 1877 for the purpose of preserving and presenting the history, art, and culture of Old Newbury, which includes Newbury, Byfield, Newburyport, Plum Island, and West Newbury. The organization, doing business as the Museum of Old Newbury, has a campus of four historic buildings and gardens. Its collections include fine and decorative arts spanning four centuries, archival collections, and approximately 18,000 photographs. In addition to programs and exhibitions, the museum has a research library.