Lawrence Municipal Airport
The Lawrence Municipal Airport was originally constructed in 1934 under the Civil Works Act. 312 acres of land in North Andover were acquired for the project. Today’s (2009) present configuration was finalized in 1946 with three runways. In 1968, both runways 05-23 and 14-32 were extended to 5000 and 3901 feet respectively. The third runway, at 3200 feet, was deactivated and converted to what is now Taxiway D.