Lee Library Historical Photograph Collection
The Lee Library Association was organized in 1874 and was granted the use of two large rooms in Memorial Hall. In 1903, funds were secured from Andrew Carnegie, the Town of Lee, and generous citizens to build a new library. The Lee Library--built from Lee marble and completed in 1907--is the last remaining Carnegie library in Berkshire County. The visual record of the town and its evolution is found in our photo collection. Photos document all aspects of life--education, religion, disasters, individuals, sports, leisure activities, buildings, and businesses (especially the papermaking and marble industries).