Digital Commonwealth

Collections

Search Results

Elbridge Kingsley Collection
This collection consists of items from the Elbridge Kingsley collection hosted by Forbes Library. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
Eliot Church Annual 1845-1887
Presented here is Eliot Church, which was located at the corner of Centre and Church Streets in Newton Corner. It was a Congregational Trinitarian church organized on July 1, 1845. The City of Newton owns a wealth of historic materials that speak to the community's social, cultural and... more
Elizabeth Capell recipe book
This collection consists of items from the Elizabeth Capell recipe book collection hosted by Boston College University Libraries. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
Elizabeth Hayward collection of Ursuline Academy materials
This collection consists of items from the Elizabeth Hayward collection of Ursuline Academy materials collection hosted by Boston College University Libraries. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
Elms College Formative Years (1899-1928)
Presented here are items that illustrate the early years in the history of the College of Our Lady of the Elms (originally Our Lady of the Elms Academy, popularly known as Elms College), from 1899 to 1928. The academy, named on August 2, 1899, was co-founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph (SSJ);... more
Elms College Founding and Early History (1928-1950)
Presented here are letters, personal memorabilia, and photographs that represent the founding and early history of the College of Our Lady of the Elms (Elms College) from 1928 to 1950. After receiving a charter from The Commonwealth of Massachusetts to confer degrees, Elms College became a... more
Elms College Middle Years (1950-1979)
Presented here are items that exhibit the history of the College of Our Lady of the Elms (Elms College) from 1950 to 1979. Bishop Christopher J. Weldon became the college's second president in 1949, and during the next three decades, Elms developed undergraduate programs in nursing, business... more
Elms College Presidents
Presented here are items that exhibit the history of the College of Our Lady of the Elms (Elms College) through the photos, memorabilia, correspondence, transcribed speeches, and miscellaneous documents of its ten presidents: Bishop Thomas O'Leary, First President: 1928-1949; Bishop Christopher... more
Elms College Turn of the Century (1979-2013)
Presented here are items that exhibit the history of the College of Our Lady of the Elms (Elms College) from 1979 to 2013. Sr. Mary A. Dooley became the sixth college president in 1979, and with the help of the Springfield Diocese, the college was able to raise $750,000 to match a $250,000... more
Eloise A. Brière Franco-American Oral History Collection, 1980-1984
In 1982, Eloise A. Brière received a grant from the Massachusetts Foundation for Humanities to conduct a series of oral histories with French Americans in Massachusetts. A noted scholar of Francophone communities, Brière interviewed 44 first and second generation immigrants of varied... more
Emerson Collection
A significant gift to the Longmeadow Historical Society many years ago was a very large collection of glass negatives that are known as the Emerson Collection. These negatives, some more than a century old, represent the efforts of one photographer -- a Longmeadow resident, Paesiello Emerson --... more
Emily Dickinson Collection - Amherst College
Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) was born in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she lived for the rest of her life. Her family was intimately involved in the life of Amherst College from its founding until as recently as 1956 when inherited family papers were donated to the College by Millicent Todd... more
Emily Dickinson Collection, 1862-1907
This collection contains approximately 70 letters and 43 poems sent by Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) to Thomas Wentworth Higginson (1823-1911). In 1862, Emily Dickinson responded to an article by Thomas Wentworth Higginson entitled "Letter to a Young Contributor," which formed a personal and... more
Emily Fuller Drew Collection MC16
A lifelong resident of Kingston, MA, Emily Fuller Drew (1881-1950) worked briefly as a schoolteacher and for much longer as a bookkeeper for her family's business. But her great avocation--and her true legacy--lay in her historical work: researching, collecting, documenting, and preserving the... more
Encampment of the First Regiment of Massachusetts Light Infantry at Newtonville, Mass., 1852
The City of Newton owns a wealth of historic materials that speak to the community's social, cultural, and governmental past. These materials reflect the civic life of and provide insight into Newton from the 19th through the early 20th century, a time when Newton was transforming from... more
Enemies of War Film Collection, 1984-1999 (MS 104)
This collection consists of items from the Enemies of War Film Collection, 1984-1999 (MS 104) collection hosted by Suffolk University, Moakley Archive & Institute. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
Enfield (Mass.) Collection, 1800-1939
Situated at the confluence of the east and west branches of the Swift River in western Massachusetts, Enfield was the largest and southernmost of the four towns inundated in 1939 to create the Quabbin Reservoir. Incorporated as a town in 1816, Enfield was relatively prosperous in the... more
Ernest Wilson's New England Trees
Ernest Henry Wilson was one of the foremost plant explorers of the twentieth century. From 1899 to 1922, he conducted many expeditions to eastern Asia and collected plant specimens for Veitch Nurseries and the Arnold Arboretum. He is also recognized as a great photographer. For Wilson's... more
Erving Public Library Gravestone Rubbings
This collection contains gravestone rubbings and epitaphs from cemeteries throughout New England. The items in this collection are attributed to Doris Felton between 1973 and 1978.