You searched for: Format Prints Remove constraint Format: Prints Format Ephemera Remove constraint Format: Ephemera
The history of the Abbot and Phillips Academies in images and documents.
This collection consists of items from the Abigail B. Homer family papers (MS035) collection hosted by Historic New England. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
Alphonse Legros (1837-1911) was a French painter, etcher, sculptor, and medallist. Born in Dijon in 1851, he went to Paris to study, took up etching in 1855, and in 1857 exhibited for the first time at the annual Paris Salon. In 1863, with the encouragement of the American artist James Abbott... more
This collection is from the contents of vertical files in the Annisquam Historical Society. Annisquam, a village in Gloucester, Cape Ann, Massachusetts, has its historical society based in the old firehouse, Deluge 8. The building and its contents are under the aegis of the Annisquam... more
In the late 1890s, the family of William Lloyd Garrison, along with others closely involved in the anti-slavery movement, presented Boston Public Library with a major gathering of correspondence, documents, and other original material relating to the abolitionist cause from 1832 until after the... more
This collection consists of items from the Barrett family papers (MS007) collection hosted by Historic New England. Information about the items has been provided by the holding institution so that they may be included in Digital Commonwealth.
The Boston Pictorial Archive is one of the largest distinct collections of images related to Boston held by a public institution and the essential resource for Boston architectural, social, and neighborhood history. It includes more than 6,000 images on paper representing the visual history of... more
This collection of broadside advertisements from the Boston Theatre date from the 1856-1857 theatrical season. The theatre, located at 539 Washington Street, opened in 1854 with seating for over 3,000 patrons. The venue hosted not only theatrical productions but also grand opera, ballet,... more