Seal of the Town of Brookline. The seal was designed by Francis N. Mitchell and adopted on April 3, 1848. The design represents agricultural and farming tools, reflecting Brookline's early heritage and a view of the city of Boston with a train running between the two. Brookline was initially known as Boston Cornfield and Boston Plantation. Information from the Brookline Preservation Commission.
Brookline Public Library
“Town Seal,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed May 22, 2013, http://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/9477.