Watertown (Mass.) -- Social life and customs.; Poor house -- Watertown (Mass.).; Orchard Street -- Watertown (Mass.).;
Almshouse, formerly the Town Infirmary, Orchard Street, before its removal in 1931 to the rear of the school lot. The building was demolished in 1956. James Russell Lowell School in background. This is the second Almshouse, with the first one located across the street in the present-day DPW yard. The first Almshouse was destroyed by fire.
Watertown Free Public Library
Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs
“Almshouse. ,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed December 8, 2013, http://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/53904.