Small business -- United States.; Entrepreneurship.; Business.; Entrepreneurship.; Business.; Commerce.; Business enterprises -- Massachusetts -- Watertown.; Commercial buildings -- Watertown (Mass.).; Hunt, Abel.; Sullivan, Albert J.; Gleason, Samuel. S.; Trull, Thomas Dawes More -- b. 1811.;
Building block, built in 1792, owned by Abel Hunt. In 1869, Samuel S. Gleason had a provision (grocer) store in the Hunt Building. By 1871, Gleason had moved to the Barnard Block owned by Joel Barnard, Jr. Wooden building on left was Thomas Trull's (son of John) fish shop. Center building was used for storage of grain, flour, and salt by Magee and Lindley who kept a grocery in the left part of the brick building Next door, one went up the stairs to Abel Hunt's liquor store. Corner was occupied by J. Albert Sullivan, a druggist. Drawing by James Sharp, 1860.
Watertown Free Public Library
Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs
“Hunt Building,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed June 18, 2013, http://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/53770.