Items in the Blackstone Collection Collection
The Blackstone Manufacturing Co. leased the land where the fire station was located to the Town of Blackstone in 1895. The town appropriated $3,000 for construction of the fire station. Local builder John Kenney erected the building. A two-story,…
Built in 1847 the Lincoln House stood at 97 Main Street. It contained a ballroom that was popular for the grand balls held there every year. The building was torn down in the 1960's.
The Blackstone Woolen Company was owned and operated by the Blackstone Manufacturing Company. The original mill was built in 1808.
The Union Hotel was built in 1853. In addition to being a hotel it also contained law offices and a ballroom on the third floor. The town jail was located in the hotel's basement for a short time.
The Daniels Farmstead Foundation Inc. preserves and operates the farm. The farm and original ell date back to approximately 1750. The large farmhouse was added circa 1830. Several outbuildings on the property are still intact. The Daniels Farmstead…
- C/W MARS
- Blackstone Collection